What is Venture Madness:
The competition starts with selected presenting companies grouped into (4) distinct categories. The companies are chosen by a selection panel, where the presenting companies will advance to the live-demo portion of the contest, held February 27-28, 2019 at Events on Jackson. There they’ll get a chance to grab big cash prizes and better yet, network with the region’s most active angel and accredited investors who are attending specifically to grow their investment portfolios with the next big things.
What’s New for 2019?
New Venue, New Contest Categories & So Much More!
Once again, our 2019 event is completely reinvented! This year’s event will be at Events on Jackson as a single-day pitch contest, and boasts some exciting guest investor attendees, a fabulously fun Food Truck lunch experience, and the region’s hottest emerging companies pitching their way to victory in one of (4) core judging category tracks:
- SaaS Launch — Software-as-a-Service companies still developing their product and/or working to find a market fit with less than $250k in revenue and less than $500k raised over past 6 months.
- SaaS Scale — Software-as-a-Service companies with a clear market fit and generating consistent revenue of $250k – $1.5 million and less than $3 million in raised capital over the past 6 months.
- Hardware Tech — Companies building physical products such as wearables, IoT devices, drones, robotics, 3d printing, space tech, AR/AV, Ag Tech, new materials, etc.) with no thresholds on revenue and less than $3 million in raised capital.
- Deep Tech — Companies working on software solutions with machine learning, AI, blockchain, computational imaging and recognition, etc. with no threshold on revenue and less than $3 million in raised capital.
- December 3 – January 9, 2019 → Application Window (3pm AZ Time)
- Week of January 21, 2019 → Top 15 Announced + Orientation & VMC Kickoff Reception
- Weeks of February 4, February 11, February 18, 2019 → Mentor Sessions
- February 27-28, 2019 → Venture Madness Conference @ Events on Jackson in Downtown Phoenix
NEW Pitch Categories Include:
- SaaS Launch
- SaaS Scale
- Hardware Tech
- Deep Tech
More info here.