Willcox Weekend: Cranes, Wine, and Archaeology
Each winter thousands of sandhill cranes gather in the Sulphur Springs Valley of southeastern Arizona.
Watch these majestic birds fly in to their midday resting area-one of nature’s greatest wildlife spectacles. Wine tasting at a local vineyard is included as well as a private tour of the Amerind Museum in Dragoon, dedicated to Native American cultures and histories. Explore the Rex Allen Museum, dedicated to the last singing cowboy of Western movie fame with a local guide. Prominent author and naturalist Lynn Hassler, and Carlos Oldham, Garden docent and former president of the Audubon Society of Portland, Oregon, lead this weekend trip. Limit 7.
Three-day trip includes:
- Lodging and breakfast at Willcox Holiday Inn Express
- Lunch on Saturday
- Dinner on Friday and Saturday
- Professional guide services
- Transportation for all group activities
- Amerind Museum and Rex Allen Museum private tours
- Wine tasting
- Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- Transportation to and from Willcox
Friday – Sunday, Jan. 26 – 28
Arrive Friday at 2 p.m.; Depart Sunday at 11:30 a.m.