This year’s Kickoff Conference will focus on bringing together Arizona’s key stakeholders in what will be the largest collaborative STEM conference in the state! Join 1,200+ leaders in business, industry, education, government, NGO, the community, and more as they work to both position Arizona as a world leader in science, technology, and innovation, and solidify Arizona’s STEM ecosystem by establishing unique collaborations through interactive panels, workshops, tables, and more. Don’t miss out! REGISTER AND SAVE YOUR SEAT TODAY!
Registration is now open for this year’s Arizona SciTech Kickoff Conference: “Community Stakeholder Summit,” where we will kick off the 8th season of Arizona’s 2019 SciTech Festival! #azscitech @azscitechfest
This year’s program will include the following 6 tracks with interactive panels, discussions, workshops, and talks!
The Latest & Greatest in AZ STEM Innovation – Did you know Arizona is on the front lines of innovation in STEM? Learn about opportunities to engage, from exciting speakers to free resources for all!
STEM in Education – Innovative ideas and practices to impact science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics in and out of the classroom at all grade levels (**Professional Development Hours offered for ALL sessions!)
Bridging the Barriers in STEM – Be inspired by our local leaders who are breaking down boundaries, merging points of view, and using our differences as a platform to enhance STEM in Arizona.
Tricks & Best Practices of Event Planning for STEM Organizers– Best practices to plan, promote, engage your community, and build partnerships for your event.
STEM Workforce & Our Community – Come discover what exciting careers and jobs are out there, the how’s and why’s of STEM professionals and everyday people’s engagement all around us, and and find out what brings Arizona together!
Arts & Sneaky Science – Experience how the arts & the “non-traditional” are directly interconnected with STEM, and see what fascinating “STEAM” endeavors are being made in Arizona.
*Interested in Exhibiting and/or Sponsoring the event? EMAIL MARISA NOW TO BE NEXT IN LINE ON OUR WAITLIST! (Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Save your place in line, as exhibiting spaces will be open on a first-come, first-served basis!)
Date: Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018 Time: 7:30am – 4:30pm
Location: Mesa Arts Center
1 E. Main St., Mesa, AZ 85201
*Carpooling, rideshare, and public transportation are strongly encouraged. The Valley Metro Light Rail stops at the Mesa Arts Center!
General Public: $40 Early Bird ($50 post-EB)
Educators: $30 Early Bird ($40 post-EB)
Students: $10 each
*New this year: Your FREE LUNCH included with your registration!
**Interested in group rates of 10 or more? Please contact Marisa at email@example.com.
7:30 – 9:00 am: Registration, Networking, Exhibitions & Breakfast
9:00 – 10:00 am: Keynote & Announcements
10:15am – 12:00 pm: Morning Sessions
12:00 – 1:00 pm: Lunch and Lunchtime Sessions
1:15 – 4:00 pm: Afternoon Sessions
4:15 – 4:30 pm: Closing Session & Announcements
One of the most unique facets about the AZ SciTech Kickoff Conferences is that it is a collaborative effort, put on BY and FOR THE COMMUNITY. Last year, over 500 organizations united in a mission to connect, collaborate, and promote and enhance STEM in Arizona. Meet and join this once-a-year opportunity and TAKE PRIDE in YOUR CONFERENCE.
Full Session Listing:
- Morning Keynote — The Human Calculator: Scott Flansburg, Multi-Award Winning Guinness World Record Holder, Educator, Speaker, Bestselling Author, and TV Host of ‘The Human Calculator’ on the History Channel International
- Lunchtime Keynote — Conscious Capitalism: Do What You Love (MAC6)
The Latest & Greatest in AZ STEM Innovation
- Harnessing Electricity & Magnetism to Design the World’s Most Powerful Satellite (Viasat Inc.)
- Assistive Technology: Improving Lives of People with Disabilities Through a STEM Challenge (Southwest Human Development)
- Arizona’s Got STEM Talent Show V (Spaces still open for talent! Email Marisa for more info!) (Science IS Fun)
- From A to Z: Everything You Need to Know About Everything (Greatest. Idea. Ever.)
- The New Careers That STEM Creates (Chief Science Officers)
- How Blood Cord Research is Saving Lives (Save the Cord Foundation)
STEM Workforce & Our Community
- Future Skills Needed for 21st Century Tech (Intel)
- Leading from the Inside Out (Arizona State University)
- Can I Buy a Vowel? Awesome Careers in CyberSecurity (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) Union Bank)
- Open Lunch Meetup: Rural Connections & RAIN (Rural Activation Innovation Network)
- Answered: The How-To’s and Where Nexts of Creating Community Tech Centers (STAX3D)
- Community Tech Centers – The Evolution of the Maker-Space (STAX3D)
- Our Youth Leaders of Today (Metropolitan Education Commission)
Bridging the Barriers in STEM
- The Arizona Autism Workforce: A Pathway for a STEM Workforce with Autism (Science Prep Academy)
- Ask A Female Engineer (STEM Spark)
- Bringing Equity Into Education (ASU School of Fulton Engineering K12 Outreach / Estrella Vista STEM Academy)
- Why It’s Good to TALK About Gender Parity in STEM (Girls in Tech)
Arts & Sneaky Science
- Joint Forces: Military and STEM (Civil Air Patrol, U.S. Air Force Auxiliary)
- Disguised Learning Through STEM Sports™ (STEM Sports)
- Get Hands-on with Nano (Nano-Link: Center for Nanotechnology Education / NSF)
- Mesa Arts Center STEAM Sessions (Mesa Arts Center)
- How Science Brings Music to Life (Musical Instrument Museum)
- From Raw to Cooked: A Food History (Dinner at Eight)
- Picking Up STEAM… Attacking Science Through Art (Reggio Emilia Child Care Center)
- Imaginacion in the Classroom (Oblyvion Enterprises)
- Writing Science For Your Students (ASU)
STEM in Education
- Problem Solving With a Purpose (Grand Canyon University)
- Coding – A Basic Skill for the Future? (Code Ninjas)
- Using Technology to Personalize Learning (Infiniscope)
- AZ STEM School Community of Practice (Office of the Superintendent of Maricopa County, Arizona Science Center, AZ SciTech)
- Ticonderoga Red Eye Saloon (Payson High School)
- Biodiversity PEEK STEAM: Learning No Child Inside (The Biodiversity Group)
- Bringing STEM Into the District (Project Lead the Way)
- Kids Making Sense (Maricopa County Quality Air Department)
- Collaborative Lunch: Physics Fun for Physics Educators (Desert Edge High School)
- Are We Graduating the Entrepreneurial Doers and Thinkers the World Needs? (SEED SPOT)
- Develop An Impactful STEM Program With Three Steps: Engage, Inspire, Empower (Future Stars, Inc.)
- Help Make Clean Water Happen! (Maricopa County Stormwater Quality Program)
- It Isn’t Rocket Science: Rocket Science On A Low Budget (Peoria Unified School District)
- Snakes on a Plane: Fun Times Review (STEMteachersPHX)
- Experience It – By Doing – STEM Experiential Learning (Tonto Creek Camp)
Tips, Tricks, & Secrets of Event Planning & Engagement
- All About Running the Non-Traditional STEM Event (UofA)
- Marketing and Public Relations (UofA)
- Best Practices of AZ’s Top Event Planners (UofA)
- How to Use Media To Your Advantage (UofA)
To see photos from last year’s Kickoff, Click Here.